Here’s the guidance and resource materials for teachers, librarians, parents and others who work with children for Episode Twelve of The Story Thief Challenges.
Story Re-cap questions:
- Who was the Story Thief?
- He gave lot of reasons for why he was stealing people’s stories – why do you think he did it? And why did he stop doing it?
- Why did their father choose not to take a story from the Thief’s library?
- What happened when they opened the shutters of the library and let the storm inside? Was it a real storm or magical? Why?
- How did the Story Challenges change the two kids? How did their father change?
Re-cap questions on Mrs Grieve’s Y6 students’ writing advice :
- Is it okay to get ideas from movies or books or television?
- What types of words can help you show not tell? Why is it important to show not tell?
- Do you always have to plan a story out fully before you start writing it?
- How can you use something that has already happened to you in a story?
- How can your day to day surroundings help you write a story?
PS: P.S. Mrs Grieve said we could set a writing challenge! Harris was a genius and he came up with this fab idea. Choose someone you admire, it can be anyone – your favourite footballer, popstar, actor, author, anyone. Now write a story with them as your main character.
Once the challenge is completed?